There are always some things that one wishes to complete, but somehow that work just misses the deadline. And to tell you the truth, once that deadline is not met, that work just stays on its destiny to be completed!
So people, when the thought occurred to me that – “Oh Shit! The year’s ending!!”
I decided that before the sun of 2012 rises, I really need to finish certain works, or say just do what I wanted to do, for so long!
- Check for pending work– Was there any task that was assigned, which could not be completed, just because of your lack of time or rather lack of interest. If yes, just for the sake of clearing the clutter, finish it off! Simply take it away from eyes. Make space for fresh assignment. Start with your professional work and move to personal work.
- Tell the truth– Was there something which is now on your heart like a big weight, then please get rid of it! I know I might sound very impractical or more so philosophical. But really, some way or the other, truth always finds its way! It will hurt in the beginning, gradually everything will be fine. A lie can give you happiness, but it will not be forever! Truth can give you peace.
- Forgive– Its OK to be angry, its human nature! But be sure that your anger does not start effecting your relations. Always remember, “forgiveness is not for others, but for your own self”.
- Move on– William Shakespeare once said, “Remember the past, only if it gives you pleasure”. Holding on to the past is not a bad thing but at the same time you must not forget that you need to live in present and look to the future. Our present actions, determine our future.
- Don’t make false promises– With the new year approaching, sometimes we overdo the new year resolutions! Please avoid that, rather stick to the practical part of it. Make new year resolutions, don’t make ways to torture yourself or make yourself feel guilty later (for not sticking, to your resolutions)!
- Do what you wanted to do– I can understand that there was no time, to do a certain work, but why not do it now! For eg- I have been avoiding a dentist trip for so long, and now I am going to make that happen! You wanted to go on a trip, plan that, make it happen. Life is too short to regret it! Live the moment!
- Value your dear ones– you lost contact with your friends, try and contact them! Just remember the good times you spent with them. Value the people in your life. Because for some, you are the reason, they are happy! Make efforts to make them smile. Let them know, you love them!
- Value yourself– Its high time, take some time out for yourself. Make a trip to the salon, pamper yourself! Do something for that lost inner peace. Stroke that ego of yours, its not bad occasionally ;).
- Spread happiness– There are many reasons to be unhappy, but there are reasons in abundance to stay happy! It just requires a little effort to stay happy.
- Be Positive– There is so much negativity around, search for the positive side! Every coin has two sides. Everything happens for good! Look out for the good things in life.
Life is too short live it! Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change. Kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything and have no regrets.
May you have a wonderful New Year 2012.
Best Wishes from my side.
May you LIVE, all days of your life!